Money, finances, and debt are the top concerns for individuals today. Difficulties paying utility bills, meeting deadlines on credit card debts and personal loans are always on our minds. For some people the situation is worse and they worry about how they are going to pay their house payment or even how they will have enough money to feed their children.
With debt being the number one concern among Americans it’s obviously starting to cause work performance issues. Many people are performing badly in the workplace as a result of debt concerns plaguing their minds. Some examples of problems that debt causes at the workplace include:
- debt collectors calling your workplace
- leaving work early because of stress issues
- dealing with personal finance issues on the phone while at work
- personality issues such as short tempers, poor relationships with work colleagues and a less focused attitude towards their work
- Using current employers time to search for a new better paying job
It’s impossible to completely remove personal issues from the workplace. You should however make it a priority to balance your work and personal life. Poor job performance could lead to losing your job, which will make financial problems and debt an even bigger issue. Focus on getting out of debt while continuing to work hard at your job!